Friday, September 05, 2014

Starting over with a fresh, clean slate

I've been trying this blogging thing out off and on for a while now, and I feel more committed now, so I've decided to start fresh. Still not entirely sure where I'm going with this blog, but I hope you'll follow along, ask questions, and comment to help me make this the best blog I can.

A little about me. My name is Kendra, and I live on the beautiful Atlantic coast of Nova Scotia, Canada. Although not ocean front, I am lucky enough to have a home where I can see and hear the powerful roar of the ocean. I live in a rural community, which has its own advantages and disadvantages, which I'm sure will come up in my posts in the future.

On a really personal note, I struggle with depression. It's actually been getting a little better lately with a new prescription, but it's still something I am trying to fight. I believe my current job is contributing to the depression, and am thinking of alternatives, although change is hard for most people, and for those with depression, change can seem insurmountable.

As mentioned, I have a job I'm not very happy with right now. In fact, I would like to change careers entirely. It's a good career, and it's a good job--I have a boss who is fair, and although I work in a one person office, my co-workers in other offices are all friendly and helpful--but it's just not the right career/job for me. Maybe it was at one time, but not any more. I've been in this career for 11 years now, and this job for 6 years. It's time for a change. I'm of the generation x era, so I guess I've done quite well in one career as long as I have.

I have some ideas of where I want to go from here, but I'll save those for future posts.

I guess that's about it in a nutshell. Again, if you've stumbled across my little blog, and have any questions or comments, please do share. I really would like to build a community here, and it starts with you.

Thanks for stopping by.

Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment